Sign a Card
We’re Joining Together for a Better Mount Sinai
We are joining together as a union so we can bargain collectively with Mount Sinai. We are also joining thousands of other UAW researchers across the US to build our political voice to increase science funding and protect the rights of international scholars.
Use the form to sign a union authorization card and be counted in the majority!
Without a union:
- Mount Sinai unilaterally determines our working conditions and can change them at any time without our consent.
With a union:
- We elect a bargaining committee that gathers input from postdoctoral researchers across campus.
- Our bargaining committee negotiates on equal footing toward a fair agreement with Mount Sinai.
- We decide democratically, through a vote, whether to approve any agreement as our contract.
- That contract secures our terms and conditions of employment and is binding and enforceable, usually through appeal to a neutral arbitrator.